What Does the Family Do?
The family has the following responsibilities:
- Provide the PHA with complete and accurate information as determined by the PHA to be necessary for administration of the program;
- Make good efforts to locate qualified and suitable housing;
- Attend all appointments scheduled by PHA;
- Allow the PHA to inspect the unit at reasonable times and after reasonable notice;
- Take the responsibility for care of the housing unit, including any violations of housing quality standards caused by the family;
- Comply with the terms of the lease with the owner;
- Comply with the family obligations of the voucher;
- Not commit serious or repeated violations of the lease;
- Not engage in drug-related or violent criminal activity;
- Notify the PHA and the owner before moving or terminating the lease;
- Use the assistance unit only for residence and as the sole residence of the family. Not sublet the unit, assign or lease, or have any interest in the unit;
- Promptly notify the PHA of any changes in family composition;
- Not commit fraud, bribery, or any other corrupt or criminal act in connection with any housing programs.